Us Weekly has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services.
When you picture a wrap dress, what do you see? Probably something with short sleeves, maybe even long sleeves, plus a long, flowy skirt and a surplice neckline. That’s how most of them look — and it’s a style we’ll always love. But it’s not necessarily the best style for a super, super hot summer like the one we’re having now all across the country.
Yes, we want a flattering wrap dress, but we want to lose the sleeves and the extra fabric covering our legs. We weren’t sure exactly what that was going to look like, but when we stumbled upon this summer dress while scrolling through Amazon, we knew it was just perfect!
This figure-hugging midi dress doesn’t have a surplice neckline, but it does have a surplice hem, switching things up! It also adds on overlapping fabric at the waist, creating that cinching wrap effect and even letting you customize the fit with the adjustable tie closure. This extra layer of fabric is only at the front of the waist too, so there isn’t extra weight or warmth in back!
This dress has a high halter neckline with skinny straps, and while it has that slimmer fit, it’s nice and stretchy, so it shouldn’t feel tight. It’s made with 5% elastane, while the other 95% is everyone’s favorite breathable, skin-friendly material. Cotton, of course!
This dress even comes in 16 different colorways, giving you a nice choice of solid shades or different hues of skinny stripes. We love how the stripes can help define and accentuate your figure, especially at the wrap area!
This dress is even so easy to style, letting you go layer-free but still make a statement. Slip on a pair of white sneakers and grab a crossbody bag or keep things even lighter with a pair of sandals and a wristlet. You can always add on a straw hat for shade (and style) or a flowy kimono-style cover-up for dinnertime!
Looking for more? Shop some of our other favorite products below:
- 11 of the Best Lab-Created Diamond Earrings That Seriously Sparkle 15 Best Folding Treadmills for Small Spaces in 2022 Our 11 Favorite Customizable Nameplate Necklaces on Amazon — All Under $75
This post is brought to you by Us Weekly’s Shop With Us team. The Shop With Us team aims to highlight products and services our readers might find interesting and useful, such as wedding-guest outfits, purses, plus-size swimsuits, women’s sneakers, bridal shapewear, and perfect gift ideas for everyone in your life. Product and service selection, however, is in no way intended to constitute an endorsement by either Us Weekly or of any celebrity mentioned in the post.
The Shop With Us team may receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. In addition, Us Weekly receives compensation from the manufacturer of the products we write about when you click on a link and then purchase the product featured in an article. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product or service is featured or recommended. Shop With Us operates independently from advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback at [email protected]. Happy shopping!